Masterclass with Marianne Gedigian
The Wisconsin Flute Festival invites flutists of all ages to apply for a spot in the masterclass with our featured guest artist Marianne Gedigian. Three performers will be chosen based on a recorded audition and invited to participate in the masterclass. Your audition piece need not be the same as your chosen masterclass piece, however, your audition piece should reflect your current ability level. The difficulty of the repertoire chosen for your recorded audition may be considered by the judges when they make their final decision.
- Flutists of all ages are eligible to apply and audition.
- Please limit your audition piece to a maximum of 6 minutes. If your audition piece requires piano, you must record with a pianist. Flute alone pieces are welcome as well. Recordings must be unedited.
- The application fee is $35, and must be paid when applying.
- Applications and recordings must be received by Wednesday, February 1, 2018 in order to be considered. Your recording should have no identifying features on it. It will be assigned a random number before going to the review committee. Performers will be notified by Wednesday, February 14, 2017 of their status.
- Invited masterclass performers will be assigned a 25 minute segment of the masterclass.
- Invited masterclass performers must be prepared to submit their program details (piece, composition date, composer, composer dates, performer name, pianist name) upon notification of acceptance.
- For questions about the 2018 Wisconsin Flute Festival Masterclass with Marianne Gedigian, please contact us.